June 4, 2008

Where’s the Studio?

Since I shoot in my spare time I don’t run a studio, nor do I rent one, although for the right assignment it’s certainly an option. I do have studio equipment, however, and can set it up anywhere. It’s fun to play with but for the bulk of my portrait work I prefer natural settings with natural light. It’s just nicer looking, and it provides scenic environments that no manufactured backdrop could do. For business portraits, certainly a studio-like setting is most common, so that’s one reason I keep a supply of studio gear. But for kids, engagement photos, and most others I’ve found plenty of better looking settings in the local parks and city scenes of Columbus. If you hire me to do portraits I’ll work with you and we’ll choose the venue based on your preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment