June 4, 2008

The New Oldness of the Biz

If you know me you probably know that I was a part time pro photographer a few years back (SharpShooter Photography), then stopped doing paid work when my first child was born. In fact, I stopped for other reasons, too, such as a need to refocus my energies and allegiances as ministry with the church took on a larger role in my life. I wanted to follow God first, then let the hobbies fall where they may.

So why restart the biz today? Simply put, I enjoy it and enjoy serving people. And unlike just a few years ago today there are better web-based management systems, not the least of which is the e-commerce enabled site that I’ve built with SmugMug. So why not? If it works out, great, and if it never becomes a huge thing, so be it. One thing I know is that it’s pretty likely I’ll always take pictures, and sharing that talent for a few bucks here and there is a nice way to augment the hobby. It’ll be interesting to see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment